What happened to January? This month has been such a busy and stressful month for me. I am so happy to see it come to an end. I have been on-call as a Doula for 4 clients this month. Two, as their primary Doula and the other two are as back up. So far, only one of those clients has had her baby. Both of my primary clients should be going into labor any day now. I am really looking forward to going to another birth. My last one was in November and I itching to see another baby brought into this world. I plan on taking a break in February and then March will be my last month taking on any new clients until this fall. With so many friends trying to get pregnant right now, I am hoping for lots of births this fall/winter! If I am lucky enough, I may even get to be a Doula for some of them:)

Dad moved into the farmhouse this month. He just came and picked up Riley. Riley (his dog) has been staying with us since Thanksgiving and I am sure they are both glad to be reunited again. Lucas, on the other hand, is going to miss having Riley around. He just loves her. We hope to make a trip over to Walla Walla in late March/early April. I am anxious to get over there and help decorate!
Dad with the grandkids this weekend

Dad's farmhouse in Walla Walla

Another view of the farmhouse
Today I am 6 months prego. I look more like I am 7 months along and seem to be packing on the pounds lately. I am really not used to that since I hardly gained any weight with Lucas. Oh well, what can I do? I have a feeling this baby is going to be a big boy. :) How nice will it be to have a full, chubby baby boy this time around? Oh, except for delivery.....smaller sounds better.

6 months

Also, last weekend Kevin and I brought the two twin beds that were in our garage and set them up in the nursery and in Lucas' "big boy" room. Right now, Lucas is still sleeping in his crib in the nursery, but we plan on transitioning him into the big boy room by March. I am really not ready to make this move, but I want to do it before the baby is born. When we changed up the nursery it took Lucas two weeks to get back to a normal sleep pattern. What is it going to be like when he goes into a toddler bed???? YIKES!

Lucas' "big boy" room. Right now it is the playroom and still not finished.

The Nursery

0 comments



Post a Comment