Yesterday we did an experiment to see how Lucas would do just breastfeeding while I was there. We let him set the schedule and man was I busy! He got tube feeding with a little bottle feeding over night while I was gone. This morning I found out that he had lost 9 grams, which the nurse told me is like passing gas and is not bad at all. So, after the somewhat successful day yesterday, we are doing it again today. He will feed every 1-2 hours for 10-20 minutes. I am going to skip the 3:00pm and the 3:00am feedings for a break, but plan on being there all day and night. This will help prepare me for the real thing! He is feeding well. He gets tired, but we don't have to try and stimulate him into sucking anymore. I am so proud of him and how far he has come. What a strong little guy.

The good news is that the Dr. thinks that if he gains weight by tomorrow morning, he probably will get to come home with us that day. He said he doesn't think that he will be there past Thursday! Kevin went to the Fire Dept to have them install our car seat today and my Mom went and bought the last little bit of baby stuff we need at home for his arrival. It has been a good day.

I forgot the camera today so I will post pictures soon!

Gina

3 comments

  1. Riley on February 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM

    Yippie yi yo, cow paddy!
    Great news! The buckaroo might get to go home. That will be so nice for mom and dad. Back to some sense of normal. At least as normal is with a new baby.

     
  2. Anonymous on February 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM

    Oh how exciting, that put tears in my eyes, I'm so excited for you!!! I'm glad your lil dude is doing so well, just think before you know it (literally) he will be rolling over eating turkey veggi dinners and watching baby Einstein. Love you!!! Love Bre, Mike and Ava Lou!!!!

     
  3. WaunaPlay on February 18, 2009 at 6:35 AM

    Hey Guys. Congrats again. So glad to hear that Lucas is doing so well. Go Lucas!!!
    We're thinking about you often and love the blog and updates.

    Chad, Kristin, Josh and Rachel Theis

     


Post a Comment