Well, last night we went down to the NICU to see our little baby Lucas. To my surprise, they let us take his temperature, change his diaper, and I even got to breastfeed. Lucas latched right on and I was so proud. Afterwards Kevin and I got to have some skin on skin time which was wonderful. Overall, he is doing amazing but may have to have phototherapy, which is expected. In the meantime, we are going to try and get as much time holding him while we can.

There are no words to explain what an amazing experience it was to give birth to my son. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but incredibly rewarding. I am overwhelmed with love for Lucas and for my husband as a father now.

Since I have been a little preoccupied, I haven't had the chance to let everyone know how much I appreciate all the care, support, and prayers that we have received. Kevin and I are truly blessed to have such amazing family and friends. All of the comments, phone calls, and messages really did lift my spirits. Thank you so much!

Much love....from new Mommy Gina








0 comments



Post a Comment